In Utah, transfer legislation threatens 29 river runs, 1055 climbing areas, and over 1250 miles of mountain biking trails. The map below shows some of the most important recreational resources that could be disposed of, transferred, or sold.
The vanguard on the public land grab, Utah passed into law a demand of public lands, effective this year. In addition, they have created a legal framework for states to band together and pursue the transfer and created a $2 million fund for a legal and public relations campaign, while Utah legislator-lobbyists continue to promote the idea in other states.
- House Bill 0287: "Commission for the Stewardship of Public Lands and Private Donations for Public Lands Litigation"
- House Bill 0276: "Utah Public Land Management Act"
- Senate Bill 105: "Public Lands Act Amendments"
- House Bill 303: "Legislative Approval of Land Transfers"
- Senate Bill 48: "Evaluating Federal Land"
- House Bill 132: "Interstate Compact on Transfer of Federal Lands Amendments"